Protecting consumers and national economy through development of standards
specification for commodities and services as well as strengthening controls
over exports and imports and enhance the competitiveness of national products in
local, regional and international markets.
The most important tasks and functions
- Develop and review standards according to the strategic objective of the
- Strengthening control over strategic exports.
- Carry out control and conformity assessment for imports through official
- Enhancing the competitiveness of national products by strengthening control
over services and industrial institutions.
- Enhance mutual relationship with national, regional and international
- Deepen the culture of standardization and excellence among the different
sectors of society.