Issuance and approval national standards
1. The technical committees include representatives from
public and private sectors, scientists and experts from universities and
research centers, in addition to representatives from civil society
associations (NGOs) in accordance with technical committee bylaw.
2. The technical committee starts its work according to the annual
programs for preparing, adopting, revising and translating of the draft
standards based on the international standards issued by international
standardization bodies such as ISO , IEC , CODEX , OIML , ARSO, AIDMO.
3. The draft standard is submitted to the responsible technicians to
review its wording and structure according to the national standard
structure and finally the standard will be given a specific Sudanese
4. The technical observations received from stake holders will be
revised by relevant technical Committee and the director of Standard
5. The final draft standard will be approved by the SSMO General
Director and the Chairman of Board of Directors and then will be
published as a national Standard.